Monday 7 January 2013

Tom Ford London Catwalk Show


Tom Ford has confirmed that he is going to hold his first full-scale catwalk show during London Fashion Week next month. The designer has previsously preferred to show his new collections within small private presentations, allowing no photographers. 
"This is going to be for 500-1,000 people. Photographers, bloggers - a regular, real show" "I want to show in London because I now have 100 stores worldwide. The company has jumped and I can no longer service the stores by not showing. So I have to love it and embrace it."
The reason the Texas-born designer decided to launch his own-name label back in 2005 was because he couldn't find anything both comfortable and stylish to wear. 
"I literally could not find what I wanted to wear. I went to Anderson & Sheppard on Savile Row - which is great - but my suits gave me a backache. A backache. Savile Row tailoring comes from military heritage," he told The Times Magazine. "I try everything on. Just as I do with everything, I'm always aware of trying to make someone look as thin, tall and strong as possible. I'm a perfect production-model body, a perfect size 48."

No comments:

Post a Comment