Sunday 14 December 2014

Festive Fun: Winter Festival at Southbank London

Yesterday I went to London for a festive day out with family. We went to the Winter Festival at Southbank Centre in London.

The Christmas market is filled with beautiful smells of food including cheese, sausages, chocolates, hot drinks.....and much more! There was so much choice, I didn't know what to have but after trying a few free tasters of cheese and chocolate I decided to have a halloumi cheese wrap which comes with hummus, lettuce and fresh tomato.

We walked up the stairs and along to the typical Christmas market stalls. I knew the Rekorderlig Cider Lodge was there so I was eager to find it as I'd heard it was worth a visit. 

I ordered a Hot Winter Cider, served with a slice of orange. It came in a cute mug, you pay a £2 deposit for the mug that you get back when you return the mug. Mmmm......it was good, it warmed me up, it smelt like Christmas. Being in the lodge with a warm cider also felt like skiing, I imagined I was at the top of a mountain minus the ski boots! As someone who isn't the biggest fan of cider I thought it was great. However, when I got to bottom of the mug it was very sweet, but that is just my opinion! 
Outside the lodge there was a Christmas tree maze, it looked good fun. We looked round the rest of the stalls.
Macmillan Charity had a huge Christmas tree, you could make a donation and write a message to hang on the tree. The man told me that they have raised £10,000 so far from this simple yet fantastic idea. 
The festive fun continued at Somerset House, the beautiful tree, ice skating and Fortnum & Mason Christmas market. 

The main reason for going to Somerset House was to see photographer Guy Bourdin exhibition. See my next post "Guy Bourdin: Image Maker" for all the details. 
 Covent Garden was our next stop, real reindeer & a browse through the shops and stalls.

Here are some snaps from the day.....
 All content is © 2014 by Victoria Roberts Photography. All rights reserved.



















No comments:

Post a Comment