Tuesday 7 August 2012

Sex and the City Bargain buy


The tutu that Sarah Jessica Parker so famously wore during the opening of Sex and the City, was a chance find from a bargain bucket reveals Patricia Field. The show's stylist explained that she stumbled across the now-iconic skirt, which cost just five dollars, by accident. 

"The big thing from the early days that stood out for me was the tulle skirt. We were going to shoot the opening credits, and so there were conferences about it and so on,"  "I was in a showroom and there was a bucket on the floor, for like, five dollars each, and I pull out this tulle skirt, and I'm like, 'I don't know, let's just take this.'" - Field says. 

Field went on to explain that while the producer needed some convincing, the statement piece was an instant hit with the show's leading lady.
"When I showed it to Sarah Jessica, she loved it. And I said: 'So we'll put it with a little T-shirt,' and she loved it. She felt it," said Field. "And then we had to convince Darren [Star, the show producer]. He didn't get it. I don't blame him - it's not his thing. And we were coming to him with something strange, in his mind. So we had to convince him."

No comments:

Post a Comment