Thursday 4 October 2012

Tim Walker Exhibition at Somerset House













One of my favourite inspirational photographers Tim Walker will showcase over  175 of his most inspirational pictures in a new exhibition held at Somerset House this month (already in the diary!) Entitled "Story Teller", the display supported by Mulberry will give fans (like me) a chance to see his ambitious and original imagery up close.

"It has been nearly five years since my last show and I felt I had enough work to put together a new publication and exhibition. It is a great way to reflect on the images and see how things have evolved." - Walker. 

Has has worked with the industry's biggest names, including Alexander McQueen and Alber Elbaz, capturing their personalities in unexpected and novel ways. 
"It is very difficult to make the ideas in my head come to life, but what is harder is making them look effortless."

"A genuine sense of love for the subject matter permeates through every picture in the exhibition and accompanying book. Looking back at my earlier pictures, I think that the work is very much coming from the same place. I have gone through a period of challenging myself with a complicated idea to currently challenging myself with the idea of simplicity."

His advice for aspiring photographers?
One of my favourite quotes I've read many times before.... 
"Only photograph what you love" he said. 

Exhibition is from 18th October until 27th January 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment