Sunday 21 September 2014

Horst P.Horst Fashion Photographer

 Horst was a German-American fashion photographer.

"He created images that transcend fashion and time. He was a master of light, composition and atmospheric illusion, who conjured a world of sensual sophistication"


His photographs were featured in Vogue and House and Garden. He is alongside top photographers Irving Penn and Richard Avedon as one of the pre-eminent fashion and portrait photographers of the 20th century.

Horst: Photographer of Style exhibition is at the V&A, London. It started 6th September and is on until 4th January 2015.

Whilst studying at University I researched his work and a few of his iconic images made their way into my research sketchbook. I first discovered his work when I went to a small exhibition in London just before I went to University. I am looking forward to going to this exhibition to discover his high fashion, surrealism, travel and studio work.

To celebrate his work, here are some photos I have selected to share with you. I will blog again after I've visited his exhibition! 



 


 "Fashion is an expression of the times. Elegance is something else again" - Horst, 1964

No comments:

Post a Comment